The Parents and Friends Association at Rosebank College aims to provide a welcoming forum for parents and guardians of children enrolled at the College to be part of the College Community. This is done by:
- To build community by hosting social functions throughout the year (e.g. Under the Fig Tree, the “Welcome Back” event for staff and parents held annually in February)
- Providing information about education and parenting trends. (Previous guest speakers have discussed topics including drugs, cyber bullying and “empowering parents to say no”)
- Organising parent Home Room Representatives who arrange social gatherings for parents and/or families
- Supporting the College at special events (e.g. Open Day, Council meetings and through letters of support to government agencies)
- Providing hospitality support in the Benedictine tradition at College events such as musicals, liturgies and presentation evenings
- Encouraging the development of an innovative community by providing funds through grants(for teachers and students)
- Supporting Rosebank College families in times of stress and grief (e.g. the meal roster)
A Parents and Friends Association meeting is held each term and all parents, guardians and staff are welcome to attend. The dates for all meetings and functions are published in the school calendar and reminders of coming events are in the College newsletter.
The Executive of the Association is elected at the AGM held in Term 1 each year. Committees are set up for special projects as required; any member of the association is welcome to join a committee.
Contact the P&F Executive at email@example.com